SCHOOL READINESS PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
What makes a student prepared for Kindergarten?
McGregor ISD #4 staff have put together skills your child will need to be successful in kindergarten.
* Prior exposure to letters and numbers; the more exposure the better.
* Being able to grasp a pencil in the proper way.
* Able to sustain attention while others are speaking; for an age appropriate amount of time.
* Making an atempt to write one's own name.
* Able to hold a book correctly and answer simple questions about the pictures.
* Ability to hold paper in place on desk while writing or drawing.
* Exposure/prior practice with scissors, glue, crayons, basic school supplies, etc.
* Knowledge of sharing/turn taking.
* Knowing how to clean up toys.
* Knowledge of the following skills is important:
*Ask permission, follow directions, seeing the teacher as authority figure, asking for help, being able to express oneself without verbal or physical acting out, and being comfortable in a learning environment without parents present.
2016/2017 Early Education Schedule
McGregor Preschool program is a wonderful opportunity for your child. McGregor ISD #4 strives to provide the best possible start for all children ensuring every young child is fully prepared for learning success.
Kinder Kamp - Tuesday, August 23, 2016 Kindergarten Conferences (scheduled)
Wednesday and Thursday, August 24 & 25 from 8:00am - Noon
Mixed Ages Preschool Program - Monday and Thursday (starting 9/26/16) from 12:15 - 3:15pm
**Pathways II Scholarship Program for qualifying families
Voluntary Pre-K Program - Tuesday and Friday (starting 9/27/16) from 8:15am - 3:15pm
**Must be four by Sept. 1 to qualify for Voluntary Pre K funding for this program
3+ Year Old Program - Thursday (starting 9/29/16) from 8:30 - 11:30am
**Pathways II Scholarship Program for qualifying famillies
PROGRAM FEES FOR RESIDENTS
Tue & Thurs $320/year
Class fees are based on gross family income.
Sliding fees to families who qualify based on Educational Benefits-Free and Reduced School Meals Application.
SLIDING FEE - 2 DAY PROGRAM
$50,000 & Above $320/year
$30,000 - $50,000 $240/year
Under $30,000 $160/year
SLIDING FEE - 1 DAY PROGRAM
$50,000 & Above $160/year
$30,000 - $50,000 $120/year
Under $30,000 $80/year