SCHOOL READINESS PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
What makes a student prepared for Kindergarten?
(McGregor ISD #4 staff have put together skills your child will need to be successful in kindergarten)
* Prior exposure to letters and numbers; the more exposure the better.
* Being able to grasp a pencil in the proper way.
* Able to sustain attention while others are speaking; for an age appropriate amount of time.
* Making an atempt to write one's own name.
* Able to hold a book correctly and answer simple questions about the pictures.
* Ability to hold paper in place on desk while writing or drawing.
* Exposure/prior practice with scissors, glue, crayons, basic school supplies, etc.
* Knowledge of sharing/turn taking.
* Knowing how to clean up toys.
* Knowledge of the following skills is important:
Seeing the teacher as authority figure.
Asking for help.
Being able to express oneself without verbal or physical acting out.
Being comfortable in a learning environment witout parents present.
2015/2016 Preschool Schedule
McGregor Preschool program is a wonderful opportunity for your child. McGregor ISD #4 strives to provide the best possible start for all children ensuring every young child is fully prepared for learning success.
TUESDAY/THURSDAY AM CLASS 8:30 - 11:30am from September 29, 2015 - May 12, 2016
FRIDAY AM CLASS 8:30 - 11:30am from October 2, 2015 - May 13, 2016
FRIDAY PM CLASS 12:15 - 3:15PM from October 2, 2015 - May 13, 2016 (Pathways II Program)
PROGRAM FEES FOR RESIDENTS
Tue & Thurs $320/year
Class fees are based on gross family income.
Sliding fees to families who qualify based on Educational Benefits-Free and Reduced School Meals Application.
SLIDING FEE - 2 DAY PROGRAM
$50,000 & Above $320/year
$30,000 - $50,000 $240/year
Under $30,000 $160/year
SLIDING FEE - 1 DAY PROGRAM
$50,000 & Above $160/year
$30,000 - $50,000 $120/year
Under $30,000 $80/year